So who am I?
I'm a widowed mother and grandmother with two daughters and three grandchildren. I live in the leafy Chiltern Hills about 25 miles northwest of London (England).
I started selling books over thirty years ago when I began to find I had spares from my own collection when I had upgraded a copy. It became my full-time job when I stopped 'proper' work when my older daughter was born in 1984. The business has slowly expanded as much as it can when there is only one person doing all the work.
What about my spare time? Well, to be honest, I have very little but you can sometimes find me doing one or all of the following:
- playing computer games - I started with historical city-builders such as Caesar 3, Pharaoh, Zeus, Emperor etc and the medieval castle-building games Stronghold and Stronghold: Crusader together with the fantasy turn-based game Age of Wonders I; I used to help run fan-based websites for these games under the umbrella of HeavenGames. Now you'll find me in the biggest time-consumer of them all, World of Warcraft which is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) or in their Customer Service forums where I'm an MVP (most valuable poster).
- going to see musicals ... and listening to them when I can't get to see them. My favourite of all time is Les Miserables.
- doing counted cross-stitch ... usually combined with watching TV.
- travelling ... thanks to Eurostar I've recently been to Amsterdam, Haarlem, Bruges, Brussels, Maastricht, Ypres, Cologne, Lille, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Paris. Plus, of course, Disneyland Paris every couple of years. In the past, I've travelled widely in England, France, New England and Florida.
- last, but certainly not least, reading, which I do wherever and whenever.