So who am I?
I'm a widowed mother and grandmother with two daughters and three grandchildren. I live in the leafy Chiltern Hills about 25 miles northwest of London (England).
I started selling books nearly forty years ago when I began to find I had spares from my own collection when I had upgraded a copy. It became my full-time job when I stopped 'proper' work when my older daughter was born in 1984. The business has slowly expanded as much as it can when there is only one person doing all the work.
What about my spare time? Well, to be honest, I have very little but you can sometimes find me doing one or all of the following:
- playing computer games ... having played many games in the past, you'll now find me in the biggest time-consumer of them all, World of Warcraft where I've been for about the last 16 or 17 years. It's an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) or I'm also often in their Customer Service forums where I'm an MVP (most valuable poster).
- going to see musicals ... and listening to them when I can't get to see them. My favourites of all time are Les Miserables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Come from Away
- doing counted cross-stitch ... usually combined with watching TV.
- travelling ... thanks to Eurostar I've recently been to Austria and Germany to follow the Chalet School. I will be getting back to my Europe exploring and, hopefully, Disneyland Paris soon. In the past when I could fly, I travelled to Hong Kong, New England and Florida but now I'll be found on trains.
- last, but certainly not least, reading, which I do wherever and whenever.